Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Happy Birthday!

To my good friend Fielt Burch, who shares his special day with:

Sandra Bullock
Kevin Spacey
Stanley Kubrick
Kate Beckinsale
Aldous Huxley
Mick Jagger
Carl Jung
G.B. Shaw

What a party! Here are some Shaw quotes, which is why you would want to attend this party:

"I often quote myself. It adds spice to my conversation."

"A government that robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend upon the support of Paul."

"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable but more useful than a life spent doing nothing."

"Virtue is insufficient temptation."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure he had a jazzy and wonderful birthday.

And . . . didn't Shaw also say: "Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it."