Thursday, February 09, 2006

The Raconteurs!

In addition to my blooming obsession with the band Marah (I've been listening to the newest release, If you didn't laugh, you'd cry, though I'm still loving Kids in Philly), I now have Jack White's new collaboration to look forward to. They just put up The Raconteurs Web site, which is very cool. There are two songs, which they apparently released as an EP, that you can listen to in the Media section. The entire songs are there--not just samples. I think they are excellent, particularly Steady as She Goes. I believe the album will be released in early May. There are a couple of photos of the boys on the site with their oddly retro hair-dos. Really retro...as in Victorian. The Dickensian look. A different kind of "hair" band. Ah well, the music kicks ass!

No comments: