Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Tidbits for the New Year


The holidays were pretty busy--lots of travel, including a great trip to Chicago. The city was beautiful, and the weather was fine for that time of year. I kind of wanted to see some snow though. The Art Institute is great, and I also got to see the antiquities at the Oriental Institute. I hope my pictures turn out. This one is from the Web site above.
Well, it's 2006 and there are some cool things in music coming up. Now that I got to see the White Stripes last fall, I'm hoping to see more of Jack with his "other" band, the Raconteurs (Brendan Benson + The Greenhornes). There is supposed to be a new CD this spring--maybe May. BNL are also making a new CD and planning a tour for the summer or fall. Also, coming to a venue near me in February are Iris Dement and Son Volt. That gets the year off to a pretty good start.

No comments: